As you probably already know, I’m really fond of foods that contain a lot of flavor, are packed with nutrition, and can be used in multiple dishes. And our oven roasted tomatoes are near the top of that list.
They are so easy to make and store, and overflowing with flavor. And tomatoes can be used in so many dishes. That’s why I love them so much.
So here are 25 ways you can use our tomatoes.
- Eat them on their own.
- Chop them up with some chopped olives, some garlic confit, and spread on bruschetta.
- Use in any type of fresh salad.
- Chop them up and mash them into fresh unsalted butter, for a delicious tomato butter spread.
- Add them to your favorite tomato soup recipe to add extra tomato depth.
- Or just garnish your soup with them.
- Soften up a good feta or goat cheese, chop the tomatoes roughly, and mash together. Roll them into a log using plastic wrap and you’ll have a delicious cheese and tomato spread.
- Blend them up, and add a spoonful to your favorite beurre blanc sauce.
- Serve with cooked lentils, feta cheese, and roasted potatoes for a delicious stew.
- Add whole or chopped to your favorite chili recipe.
- Use them in a Panzanella salad.
- Chop them up, and add to cooked garbanzo beans and a can of tuna. Sprinkle with olive oil and a splash of red wine vinegar and a splash of lemon juice for a quick meal.
- Add to your favorite sandwich instead of fresh tomatoes.
- Use on pizza in place of regular tomatoes.
- Add some chopped oven roasted tomatoes to soup or blend with your soup for extra tomato intensity.
- Use oven roasted tomatoes on top of your burger.
- Add to a grilled cheese sandwich for tomatoey goodness.
- Serve oven roasted tomatoes with roasted red peppers and mushrooms for a yummy salad or chop up and spread on bruschetta.
- Sprinkle roasted tomatoes with balsamic vinegar.
- For a twist on Caprese salad, serve oven roasted tomatoes with fresh mozzarella and sliced ribbons of basil. Top with a splash of olive oil.
- Blend a few up with your hummus for tomato hummus yumminess.
- Chop up 3-4 oven dried tomatoes, add in 2 chopped green onions, a tablespoon of chopped cilantro, and fill 2 avocado halves for a delicious vegan stuffed avocado.
- Make tomato corn salsa. Chop up 5 oven roasted tomatoes, 1 cup of fresh or frozen corn (cooked), prepare a 1/4 cup of diced red bell pepper. Add in 2 chopped green onions, 1 finely chopped serrano pepper (if you like it hot) and 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro. Serve with chips, over grilled fish, scallops, or shrimp.
- Chop up 3-4 oven roasted tomatoes and add to your guacamole.
- Make tomato dip. Add to blender 1 cup sour cream or whole fat greek yogurt, 5 oven roasted tomatoes and blend until smooth. Add in 1 tablespoon chopped green onion and salt and pepper to taste.
However you end up using them, oven roasted tomatoes are sure to be the flavor bomb you need. Add oven roasted tomatoes to just about any dish, and you’ll kick up the flavor tenfold.
If you like this post, please leave us a comment and show us your creations with oven roasted tomatoes on Instagram by using #TheStraightDish.